*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/590759-Happy-Friday-the-13th
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#590759 added June 13, 2008 at 2:28pm
Restrictions: None
Happy Friday the 13th
And I mean that sarcastically. Today has not been the best of times so far. I want to scream and hurt things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32rRtt6hF94

It doesn't help that I'm a little superstitious. Not "troll dolls at bingo for good luck" superstitious, but I've got my quirks. The fear of bad things happening on Friday the 13th is one of them.

Example one: The "automatic payment" of my cell phone bill didn't go through this week. Which I kinda anticipated anyway because the timing of me having the available funds on my card versus when they try to collect the payment wasn't working out for me. So I have until tomorrow to pay them. I called them with my card, which now has plenty of available fundage, to make the payment. Denied. I hate trying to use an automated system for shit like that. I want to talk to a human. Called back and finagled my way through the menu to actually get a human. Gave her my digits and was put on hold. Denied again. WTF?!? So I called the bank to find out what the scoop is. Everything's fine on that end, the human says. She says it's a problem with the merchant I'm trying to do business with. Great. So now my inconvenienced ass is gonna hafta hop on a bus and go to the mall and pay the bill in person. Tell me again why I signed up for the stupid automatic billing service again? *Angry*

Example two: I give up with this CWC nonsense. I asked her to help me find something and she did, and she cashed me out. I asked her if she had any big plans for the weekend, and she got really creepy. I didn't like the tone of her voice. I didn't like the vibe I felt when she said "Oh, I have plans...I just don't know if they're big or not." Fuck that. What kind of answer is that? And the way she said it, you'd think I had just asked her for her bra size. So I'm boycotting Walgreens for awhile. Long enough for her to miss me. Maybe she will run me over some day when she sees me walking down the side of the road. I don't think I'd mind today. Time to move on.

I'm gettin' out of here today. Gonna try to avoid black cats and ladders and all that kooky shit. Gonna go home, inflate my football, beat up on the kids upstairs some and listen to sad songs on my stereo. And tomorrow, I'll probably be right back at it. Maybe I'll work on writing something. Maybe I'll start a heroin habit *Smirk*. Who knows. Gotta do somethin' though. Have a great weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGbO-nVBaFo

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/590759-Happy-Friday-the-13th