*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/591196-Happy-Fathers-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1364628
My blog of fun, love, frustrations and me.
#591196 added June 15, 2008 at 10:18pm
Restrictions: None
Happy Father's Day
Happy Father’s Day to all the Daddies. My wish is that you’ve all had a wonderful day with your kids, and feel loved for all the amazing things you’ve done throughout the year.

I didn’t get to see my gramps. Which kinda sux. He’s in his 90’s, and doesn’t get out much. Every time I see him, he’s thinner, and being already skin and bones, it’s just sad. He has Alzheimer’s and it had really taken its toll over the last six years. Nothing worse than watching someone you love forgetful and asking the same questions every five minutes.

I headed to my parents house after taking hubby and the boys out to breakfast. It was a good day, sitting around and chatting with the family. What I hated was that I showed up empty handed. Only yesterday my Dad reminded me that when the Red Wings win the Stanley Cup, I get him the official hat. Well, everyone had them last week. But do you think I could find any last night or today? Hell no! WTF? It wasn’t even a nice looking hat, yet there aren’t any to be had the Detroit area. There is a second hat, which personally I think is much nicer, and I might have to get that one. I apologized, but still felt like shit about it.

So, since I bombed out on that, I’ve decided to write a poem in my Dad’s honor for this very special day. So Dad – this ones for you. Thanks for all that you do. It doesn’t go unnoticed.

Over the last two decades, you’ve managed to fill the void that was missing in my life. You accepted Michelle and me, as if we were your flesh and blood. Without thought, or selfishness, you give unconditional love. No matter where I go, or what I do, I know that you are rooting for me. You put a smile back on my mother’s face, and gave her something to look forward to everyday. I thank you for that, from the bottom of my heart. You are, and always will be the man I think of when I hear the word DAD. Happy Father’s Day.
I love you,
T

TTFN

© Copyright 2008 Purple Celebrates (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Celebrates has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/591196-Happy-Fathers-Day