*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/591317-Bees-EMAIL-telemarketers
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#591317 added June 16, 2008 at 7:31pm
Restrictions: None
Bees, EMAIL, telemarketers
      Did you know that every third bite of food you take is dependent on bee pollination? We don’t just get honey and beeswax from them, but honeybees pollinate all fruits and vegetables. Bet you didn’t know that honeybees in America are in danger.
      Many things affect the mysterious disappearance of honeybees, including global warming, pesticides, insecticides, pollution, and destruction of the forests. Hives also are threatened by natural enemies like mites. There may be other unknown factors.
      You can help by planting wild flowers (only a small amount of honey comes from flowers). Most honey comes from blossoms on trees.
Be careful to prevent forest fires. Avoid toxic pesticides (butterflies are disappearing, too) and insecticides. Support local farmers who avoid strong chemicals in their operations. Don’t pollute the land or waters (bees are very dependent on water to do their jobs). Beekeepers are using fresh spearmint to fight mites moving into the hives.
      Buy all natural products that use honey or beeswax, because a lot of these companies are trying to address this phenomenon known as Colony Collapse Disorder. They are involved in research, cleaning water supplies, and breeding stronger bee colonies. Many of them are working to preserve our natural resources and are trying to improve commercial beekeeping.
    “Bee” kind to bees for the greater good, for us all.

EMAILS TO AVOID PASSING
We’ve all gotten those cute or seemingly benign emails (or mail) which may appear to be a good wish for us. However, many contain veiled threats. Things like when Mr. Smith didn’t pass along this email, his mother died, or his company went bankrupt. What a horrible thing to say to anyone. Who would wish something bad to happen to a friend or a neighbor? But most of these are underplayed by promises of good fortune and cheery pictures.
Don’t pass along anything that sounds remotely like that. Be the aif you like the good parts of the message, do your own letter instead. Just send an e-mail to all the same people you would have passed on the chain letter and say, “Thinking of you. Best wishes for a great day.” A sincere personal touch might be more appreciated than an impersonal chain letter.
   
TELEMARKETERS
While I'm complaining, I will never renew or buy a vehicle warranty over the phone, change my mortgage, or buy satellite or cable service, or consolidate my debts because of an unsolicited phone call. I do not sit idly all day waiting desperately for some stranger to call and sell me something. So stop calling. All you're doing is making me mad, at home and at work.You're annoying America! And you're ignoring requests to stop calling this number for everyone I know who's told you to stop.
Or, why don't you just give me your home phone and I'll get back to you later.

       

© Copyright 2008 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/591317-Bees-EMAIL-telemarketers