*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/592160-Everybody-else-is-doing-it
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#592160 added June 20, 2008 at 5:22pm
Restrictions: None
Everybody else is doing it...
So I'm gonna be that guy and hop on the bandwagon. I'm thoroughly convinced that none of us wants to live in the town/village/city/planet we live in.

The Scenario: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFZLq6R-ZtM

chicochica says Cali is too damn hot. All her commenters pretty much agree. Well, y'all need to get on the bus and head east, because summer is about 2 months away here. Seriously. The kids have all but finished their exams, the ice cream trucks are all over, it's nearing the end of June and I still have a long-sleeved shirt on. Ill. No other way of putting it.

According to the Buffalo News' website, it's 68 degrees right now with alternating periods of sunshine and cloudiness. I guess we're right at about our average for this time of year. It's rained all week, and the forcast mentions the possibility of rain through at least next wednesday. I guess that's what happens when you put a Starbucks up on every corner in town...your town turns into Seattle.

I took a vacation three Easters ago with my extended family...a Carribean cruise. That week was the most perfect week of weather I've ever seen. The entire week, temps were in the mid to upper 80's, maybe a couple of 90's, no rain, the nights were comfortable and all was right on that big little boat (although I was punishing my liver heavily that week also, so I may be fuzzy on some minor details). I'm convinced if I ever take another vacaction, a cruise will be the only way to go.

So let's all make like the volleyball team and rotate so we can live in the exact weather conditions we desire. Of course, if we had idyllic conditions, then what would we grouse about? The grass is never greener...but my place doesn't even have grass, so I guess I should just not complain. Have a great weekend, stay chill, pump your AC, have a wine slushie, whatever ya gotta do. I'm off to piss off motorists and cause as much personal entertainment as the law will allow (and maybe even more).

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/592160-Everybody-else-is-doing-it