*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/592386-They-make-a-cute-couple
Rated: 13+ · Book · Nature · #1439094
Look around. Let Nature nurture your Soul. I record images I sense and share them here.
#592386 added June 21, 2008 at 6:21pm
Restrictions: None
They make a cute couple
Two men jog north past our umbrellas, shorts hugging hips, chests sweating.

"They make a cute couple."

She says this under the umbrella, confident in her green top, avoiding the sprinkles of a threatening day. Ashtrays and cigarette butts are our companions. I sip from my coffee cup and try not to devour the lemon bundt cake. She chatters with a guy, nondescript and fully clothed, not glistening like raindrops, his hair like ... honey.

An artist sits down with me, waiting for her order. We converse about Frida Kahlo and her self absorbtion. She sketches self-portraits too. All of 22, with her mousy hair and drawing pad tucked away from the rain.

I talk to her about Sharon, who wrote a 45 minute monologue about Frida. how I witnessed her give a talk about Frida, pick up a clove cigarette and with one puff become her ...

I tell her I write poetry to art, show her a miniature of one of Georgia O'Keeffe's paintings. Ask her if she can see anything; she doesn't at first. But when I tell her I see a mask, she sees it too. We see what we see it seems.

The two men return jogging south ... and yes, I notice. The pumping legs and firm thighs are off to somewhere without me, oblivious of my presence.

On the bus ride home everything glistens after a rain. Mimosa folds its leaflets together as if in prayer.
17

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/592386-They-make-a-cute-couple