*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/593999-On-First-of-July
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#593999 added July 1, 2008 at 7:56am
Restrictions: None
On First of July
Fidál (Grace), 8 Rahmat (Mercy), 165 BE – Tuesday, -July 1, 2008 about 4:28 AM PDT

On the first of July, I got up at 2:55 AM said prayers, turned the computer on, made coffee, took my thyroid pill and made the mortgage payment. One of the great things about 21st century technology is that all I need to make most business transactions is an Internet connection and a computer. I don't have to worry about when the bank or the mortgage company opens, I don't have to worry about the time. The only thing I need to know is when the payment is due, when the check will be in the bank to make the payment and when I want the transaction to occur.

Mom is still asleep or at least I think she is asleep. Sometimes she doesn't get a lot of sleep at night, so if it looks like she is still sleeping when I get up I don't distrub her. She has an appointment with a dentist today at 2:00 PM, when I made it yesterday I made it for 1:00. However, when the reminder call came in the nurse said there was an opening at 2:00 so we changed it. Now I don't have to get off work early.

Mom is doing much better, but I'm still worried about her. An incident occurred in the dentist office yesterday that bothers me. However, since I didn't tell her where I was going perhaps I don't have anything to worry about, when I returned to the reception area, after seeing the dentist yesterday. Mom had started to go out to look for me; I was gone a long time and she said she thought I had left without her. So from now on, I'm going to tell her where I'm going and that I will be back for her and this is the first time something like this has happened, still it bothers me.

I haven't discussed a lot of my concerns about Mom with my siblings yet. I think I will wait until I have taken her in for an evaluation. There is no use worrying them, if there isn't a problem. One of my brothers has a tendency to go off the deep end anyway. He is like me, in many ways, he presumes the worst before it actually happens. Therefore, there is no use saying anything to him or to any of the others before I know what we're dealing with.

I go back to work today. Mom is usually all right when she knows where I am and when I will be back. Yesterday I didn't tell her I was going into the dentist office when the receptionist called me, I'll remember to always tell her from now on.

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/593999-On-First-of-July