*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/594018-Our-Day-at-Disney
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#594018 added July 1, 2008 at 10:24am
Restrictions: None
Our Day at Disney
Well, we left at 8 in the morning and managed to beat out rush hour traffic which was nice. Our trip didn't take long to get there - about 1 hr. 15-20 mins. The weather was actually nice. It wasn't scorching hot. We met my mother-in-law & Richard when we got there and they got there just a couple of minutes before we did. We rode "Pirates" with Joseph and then went to eat at "Zocalo" (the Mexican place) because we thought it was weight watchers friendly. Joe was a good egg, not too fussy. Then Brent & I rode Big Thunder mountain which was nice. Carmy & Richard watched the boys for us. We hadn't ridden the same ride together in years. haha.

We took the boys to fanstayland and Andrew rode dumbo while we took Joseph on the carousel. Joseph really liked it, but he was tired. Andrew & I did the teacups and then we went to tomorrowland. Brent and I did Space Mountain. We got some souvenirs. Joseph finally passed out around 3:30 and slept for about an hour. Andrew & I did the Jungle cruise and someone gave Brent fast passes for Indiana Jones. Brent and I hadn't gone before but I didn't think the ride was all that. It was okay. It was like an amp'd up "Star Tours." Andrew & I did the Mark Twain riverboat and then we took a ride on the train that went around the park. We had a bite to eat at the Plaza Inn. It was AC'd which was nice and gave us all a chance to cool down. Brent took Andrew to Star Tours and I took Joe to the carousel.

At dinner Joe kept saying, "milka, milka, milka." I gave him his bottle and started slurping up his milk. When he really wants something it's amazing how expressive he can be. Joe for the most part was pretty quite, just looking around and taking things in. Joe and I posed for a picture with Woody but Joe, like Andrew back when he was Joe's age, was shy and tucked his head into my shoulder. Finally, around 8, we departed. I wanted to stay for fireworks, and I'm sure the boys would have been good about it, but Brent, like a poop, wanted to leave. It was a fun day.

Weight watcher-wise I thought I did good. I got a lot of walking in and I tried to make better food choices, but I think Brent made a little bit better choices than I. I stayed the same when I weighed myself so I was happy about that. Today, I'm going to try to go to the gym and get some weights in before we go to Catalina tomorrow. My weight goal during Catalina is to 1 make good choices, 2 portion control 3 continue to get some physical activity in, focusing on cardio since that would be the easiest. Can't get to weight watchers this week unless they have a meeting in Catalina, which I doubt so I'm going to have to stay tough for an extra week. haha. Wish me luck!

FYI - I posted some Disney pics of us in my MySpacephoto album if you get a chance to check them out. Here's a link to my MySpace account: http://www.myspace.com/sgcardin

((hugs))
Steph

© Copyright 2008 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/594018-Our-Day-at-Disney