*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/594325-Weve-Lost-the-Spark
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#594325 added July 2, 2008 at 10:15pm
Restrictions: None
We've Lost the Spark
I am so sick of hearing women complain about a marriage that doesn't excite them any more. The husband is a good man, he doesn't cheat, he doesn't do drugs, he's not an alcoholic. They admit he's not lazy, he helps out around the house or with the kids if there are kids. He's thoughtful; he takes her out or brings her lunch to work. He pays attention to her, buys her presents, doesn't lie to her, isn't spending all their money foolishly.
They admit they're married to good guys. They're faithful to each other, but he just doesn't do it for her any more. There's no spark.
Oh, boo hoo. What were you thinking when you married him? It was always going to be romance and hot chemistry? Are you admitting you married him for all the wrong reasons and now you regret it years later? Whatever happended to vows of "through sickness and health"? Thrrough exciting times and dull times?
Maybe you need marital counseling, so what? Sticking it out for the kids like a stoic and then leaving him doesn't help anybody. All marriages go through some rough patches, but you make a commitment to work through it not wait it out. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Very few women really have a lifelong romance going on. That's in the paperback books. Forget the drama and being swept away. It's only a fantasy. A lot of women would love to have an attentive, helpful guy around the house. A lot of women never have that love or romance you used to have at all.
And maybe, if you stop whining and feeling sorry for yourself, and recommit to the marriage, you'll re-ignite what you once had.
Give up the pity party. I don't want to hear it.

© Copyright 2008 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/594325-Weve-Lost-the-Spark