*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/594472-PUBLIC-LANGUAGE
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#594472 added July 4, 2008 at 4:02pm
Restrictions: None
PUBLIC LANGUAGE
  Doesn't it seem a puzzle that in such a morally correct society, we still hear such offensive language, especially using God's name? Objectionable words come out of the mouths of the most innocent looking people and they don't care if it offends you.
  We don't want to offend someone from a foreign culture or religion, but we allow God's bame to be used in perverse ways. What about being concerned about offending a pious person of any religion with an unjust use of God's name? And why aren't there more people objecting to this free use of foul words with God's name?
  We are taught to be afraid of offending someone on the matter of race, yet we tolerate demeaning words for people of other backroungs or countries. We may not use them ourselves, but we don't object to hearing them from other people. Why can't we find enough nerve to let people know we don't want to hear people called by negative words?
  We don't judge people by sexual orientation but we are forced to listen to sexual inuendo and vulgar talk. Even business talk uses sexual words or references to describe it. We have to steal ourselves up for the onslaught of nasty t-shirts, vulgar hats, and belt buckles, and nasty stickers on cars. There's nothing wrong with being gay but apparently there's a lot wrong with being conservative whether you're gay or straight.
    We don't live in a morally correct society but one that is morally corrupt. Instead of teaching tolerance, we're teaching anything goes. Instead of practicing good manners or consideration for others, our culture is hitting us with an "in your face" attitude and daring us to do anything about it. The spirit of tolerance has gone too far and taken away our moral backbone.
   
 

© Copyright 2008 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/594472-PUBLIC-LANGUAGE