*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/595092-Change-or-no-Change
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#595092 added July 7, 2008 at 6:54pm
Restrictions: None
Change or no Change?
Returning home to rain and grey skies has been a shock to the system after a week of glorious weather in the Isle of Wight. Sunday was foul, causing interruptions to the Men's Final at Wimbledon which didn't finish until after nine in the evening. Still, it was a pleasant change to see someone other than Federer lift the trophy.

So what happened last week to cause such unusual conditions for a Scarlett holiday? Does this mean we have to take son and family away with us every time to ensure sunshine? Or do I start worrying I have lost my weather witch powers? Or maybe I’ve changed into a good weather witch instead?

It’s been a week of mixed emotions but a change of scene at least. I’ve been visiting the Isle of Wight for over thirty years now and one thing I love about it is the fact it changes so little. It’s like going back to a different era; a quieter, gentler, simpler one where time moves more slowly and modern day pressures barely exist. It made a welcome change from the hectic pace of life here.

Some things never change though. Hubby’s snoring for one, the male stagging sessions for another and the nightly television addiction. It’s made a change to have no internet, but not sure that’s a change I like or could live with for long. I think it should be essential for every holiday home to have a broadband computer and not just a television.

Mey Ling’s 'compliments' don’t change a deal either. After I'd made the effort to get dressed up for dinner out one evening she remarked, ‘Hey Paul, see your Mom. She look about twenty...from the back.’*Laugh* You gotta love her.

We’ve visited all our favourite haunts and Angel has had lots of new and enjoyable experiences. Mey Ling was delighted by the thatched cottages and particularly enjoyed their visit to The Needles, a set of unusual rocks with a lighthouse and pleasure park on the far west of the island. When they returned from their day out and I asked her where they’d been, she replied, ‘The Noodles.’ *Rolleyes*

I had a short tarot card reading on one of our trips. The reader summed up my past perfectly and was pretty spot on regarding the present. If her predictions for the future are as accurate, then you could find yourself reading some pretty positive, upbeat and life-changing entries. Don’t believe it? Nah, me neither.

So, it’s back to La La Land, the supermarket, the gym, the diet, housework, washing and foul weather. But, now I need to start catching up with Blogville and see if there’s been any dramatic changes during my absence. Better top my glass up first though. No change there either.

© Copyright 2008 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/595092-Change-or-no-Change