*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/595849-factoid-schmacktoid
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#595849 added July 11, 2008 at 4:33pm
Restrictions: None
factoid schmacktoid
It's a slow day, Jess still hasn't returned my text, and I'm hella bored, so I guess it's time to divulge some personal info that may answer some questions or promote some healthy dialogue. So here's a serious entry. Well, they're all serious; this one is just less fun.

*Bullet* I will be 33 on July 31st. Not many people close to me know that date, and I don't make that big a deal out of it. Too many letdowns. In fact, when I was turning 30, I blacked the date out on every calendar I saw.

*Bullet* Until yesterday, my apartment hasn't had electricity for almost 3 months. It's been interesting to say the least.

*Bullet* I wear my 18 year old brother's hand-me-ups. I have expensive taste and no budget.

*Bullet* I was named MVP of the wrestling team as a freshman in high school. And I weigh about the same now as I did back then, only I lack pretty much all the upper-body strength I had back then. I also stopped growing at 14.

*Bullet* 2007 was a very bad year that saw me spending a week in a mental ward looney bin cuckoo's nest behavioral health unit, voluntarily, in an undisclosed location. For a variety of reasons, too many to get into today, if ever. I mainly went because I had no one left to talk to and I was sick of feeling my pain with no one to share it with.

*Bullet* I usually eat once a day, because that's all I need.

*Bullet* I am not afraid of wearing pink or kicking your ass for mocking it.

*Bullet* I got summoned to jury duty next month for the first time in my life. Fuck that.

*Bullet* I love hip-hop music, but 90% of it is bullshit.

*Bullet* The first concert I ever saw was The Monkees with Weird Al Yankovic opening. It was 1986. I was 11 and it was while I was visiting my late aunt in Conneticuit.

*Bullet* I have spoken to the woman that raised me perhaps 4 times since I moved out the day before I graduated high school.

*Bullet* I've never done any kind of drug besides pot. It never did much for me. But I used to abuse OTC drugs almost daily just to try to get some sleep.

*Bullet* I'm too smart for my own good.

*Bullet* I've broken many bones. Mine and some belonging to other people.

*Bullet* I had the lowest voice in my high school's chorus.

*Bullet* I had one of the first cell phones capable of text messaging and it was annoying. Now it's my primary source of communication.

Thanks for sitting through this mess. Help yourself to your favorite vice and go youtube my new favorite song, "Handlebars" by Flobots. And make sure it's the video with the kids in it. The images and lyrics are a total reminder that this country is a fucking mess and the U.S. needs to mind its own business. But it's a catchy as hell tune. Go do that now. I've got other shit to get my worry on over.

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/595849-factoid-schmacktoid