*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/596652-I-am-no-savior
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#596652 added July 15, 2008 at 8:51pm
Restrictions: None
I am no savior.
It was bound to happen one of these days.

I don't do these things for attention, mind you.

I played on a softball team a few years ago. Our team was the Lynch Mob. We had hats and jerseys and everything. Navy blue hats with silver stitching that said "MOB" in the front and our nickname and jersey number on the back.

We had a few practices but when the first game rolled around I still hadn't met some of the guys on the team. I showed up with long hair, a full beard and sandals (because I didn't want to drive in cleats). One of the guys looked at my buddy and said "Who brought Jesus? Is he supposed to save us?" It was pretty funny, so the back of my hat says "JESUS 41".

Now y'all know that I'm not entirely fond of strangers approaching me in public, especially in restaurants. Luckily, I was finished with my meal at Burger King, or this lady, let's said in her late 40's or early 50's, may have needed some divine intervention from the King himself in trying to remove my hambuger from her rectum. I haven't even made eye contact with this woman. As I'm getting up to leave, all the sudden I hear "Hey, I really like your hat!" I paused, remembered what hat I was wearing, turned around and said politely "thank you" and bolted. I heard her turn to her companions and tell them she liked my hat because it said Jesus on it. I really wish she would've also noticed that I had a Coors beer t-shirt on as well. *Smirk*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBGmc3bmgaY

T-Mobile recently opened up a branch right around the corner from me. Sweet! So I figured I'd stop in and see if they could figure out why I wasn't able to send or receive picture messages. Wow. They may as well should've given me a nametag, because I was there that long.

They tried the simple fixes (that I already tried). They tried the not-so-simple fixes. They called customer service. Then they put me on with tech support (classy move, right? Give the customer the store phone and let him sit there while you eat your Subway lunch and discuss the merits of old SIM cards. Sheesh.). Tech support sends me over to PDA support, which has me on hold while they look for someone that handles Flex accounts, because the codes might be different. After way too much holding, some completely different guy picks up, and I'm back to square one. And this guy's complaining that he can't hear me, I assume because Tweedledum and Tweedledumber behind the counter are talking about who knows what, and the door is open and the traffic's whooshing by, so I hung up on him after the third time I repeated my phone number.

Told one of the guys my story and said he'd try to speak to someone. Oh lordy, maybe you should have done that in the first place *Angry*!!. Finally he gets a hold of someone with the slightest bit of competence. Again, he hands the phone back to me, presumably because while he may be running the joint, I must have more experience (none) with the technical problems of my phone than he does.

So Cinderella on the other end of the line wants to perform a Master Reset. Lovely. For some reason half the numbers in my phone don't seem to want to transfer to my SIM card. Not cool. And the purpose of this master reset? Pretty much the same as wiping the hard drive on a computer clean. It basically resets the phone to factory conditions *Shock*. Finally got all my numbers saved, hit a few buttons, waited for the phone to reboot, waited for it to recognize and load my contacts and wait for her to send me a test picture. Which finally worked, all for the price of 2 hours of my life that I'll never get back. Ugh. At least now my phone will again be able to do all that it's capable of (when I redownload the ringtones I lost and readjust all the settings to the way I had them before, if I can even remember what they were). Technology...just another way The Man's trying to keep us down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA56p_LTaBs

No CWC today. Maybe tomorrow. Hope your day isn't as long as mine y'all.

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/596652-I-am-no-savior