*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/597269-indiscretion
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#597269 added July 19, 2008 at 11:08am
Restrictions: None
indiscretion
When I think of the word "discreet," I think of being careful in my speech, not revealing something that might embarrass someone, even myself. On the other hand, a "youthful indiscretion" suggests to me a sexual encounter that was, perhaps, unwise. Ahem.

Our visitors last weekend were three adults, two of whom were twins, a boy and a girl, who are my husband's biological children, born the summer after his first year of college to a girl he had broken up with before she realized she was pregnant. She, who I have not met, is a heroine, because she made a difficult choice. She went through with the pregnancy, with his financial support alone, and gave the babies up for adoption. I can't imagine a harder thing to do, but, even in retrospect it was clearly for their good.

When Bill's daughter... oops, gotta go pick up my car before the garage closes. To be continued.

© Copyright 2008 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/597269-indiscretion