*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/598609-Rons-Mother
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1302157
My blogging here
#598609 added July 26, 2008 at 4:51pm
Restrictions: None
Ron's Mother
As some of you already know Ron's ninety one year old mother has been ill for several weeks now. She had thought that she injured her shoulder and arm by moving heavy furniture before the Fourth of July. Her pain progressively worsened , however, and she agreed to be cared for in a private home, by a nurse(Daisy)who has about six other patients to care for.

This has been totally out of the ordinary for her. She has lived by herself since becoming a widow around twenty years ago. She drives her own car, does her own cooking and housework. She does hires help for some of her yardwork, though. She was being administered morphine by Daisy for the pain under doctor's prescription of course. She did not get much relief and her pain continued to worsen.

It seems she took a turn for the worse and this past week she was transported by ambulance to Wenachee's only Hospital. She was in intensive care and soon given an MRI. They found the cause of her pain to be from her heart. She also contracted pneumonia in a small area of one lung. So they had her on a drip and nitro patches which took her pain away finally!

She is now in Progressive Care and we have been told by Pat(Ron's sis)that they don't think that she had a heart attack. However, if she did it was a minor one and did no damage. they are still running tests on her.

That's hard for me to grasp. Of course I don't know all the details just what Ron tells me that he has heard from his sisters. His sister Pat lives at Moses Lake where his mother lives. She has being seeing to the care for her mother. She is worried sick over her.

Now, Pat tells us that the nurse in charge of Mom says she will be discharged soon. Possibly by Monday. If that is the case Pat wants us to go over to Wenachee to pick her up at the hospital and drive her home to Moses Lake. So looks like we will be heading over that way soon. I am not sure how long we will be over there. If we are to take Mom back to Daisy's or care for her ourselves in her own home.

I'm sure we will find out more on that later.

I'm just glad that if Mom is feeling better that she can put this all behind her and get on with her life.

Something does not sound right here though to me. I suspect she did have a moderate to major heart attack, and that she will remain in the hospital longer than the sister thinks.

It just doesn't sound right that morphine would not cut the pain and the pain worsened over several weeks ...not just days!

Something does not sound good at all here.*Worry*





My Bikers Sig gifted to me from Sultry Enchantress

© Copyright 2008 ShiShad (UN: shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShiShad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/598609-Rons-Mother