*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/598746-Sunday-Morning-in-Monsoon-Season
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#598746 added July 27, 2008 at 10:39am
Restrictions: None
Sunday Morning in Monsoon Season
Jamál (Beauty), 15 Kalimat (Words), 165 BE – Sunday, July 27, 2008 about 7:05 AM PDT

It's Sunday morning in monsoon season. The sky I see outside my living room window is partly cloudy to clear. This isn't unusual for monsoon season, what isn't normal is the lack of rain. We haven't had enough rain this year to use for a decent spit bath. We have the humidity, but not the rain. At least, not in the Las Vegas valley.

It's Sunday morning and the day of Beauty. I'm on my second cup of coffee and considering what to have for breakfast. I'll probably have apple sauce because we have lots of it in the fridge. Mom can't eat apple sauce because apples act as a laxative for her. They don't have the same affect on me, so I eat the apple sauce and drink the apple juice. Mom drinks apple juice about once a week or once a month, depending on how she feel.

It's Sunday morning about four or fives days before the Feast of Kamal (Perfection). This month the Feast is scheduled for the Baha'i Center on the evening of July 31. Mom is looking forward to the Feast. Most of the Feast are decentralized and held in people's homes. Mom enjoys going to all the Feast, however she seems to enjoy herself a lot more when she goes to the Center.

As I stated in an earlier entry, Tuesday, July 29, ends the summer school session. I have the choice of taking three weeks off or going to another location to work. I haven't decided what I'm going to do. I'll have to decided by Tuesday at the latest. Mom has a doctor's appointment on Wednesday and I have an appointment with Blood Services on Friday.

Next week we both have dental appointments and I have a doctor's appointment. I work the election polls on July 12, which is an all day job. I go in at 6:00 AM and get out at 8:00 PM. That is a long day without going home, without more then a phone call to Mom, and without getting on-line. I know Mom will be all right, I'll phone my brother and some Baha'is to see if someone can look in on her. The neighbors will keep an eye on her and the house, as well.

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/598746-Sunday-Morning-in-Monsoon-Season