*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/598815-Kan-Jam-and-a-plan
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#598815 added July 27, 2008 at 7:58pm
Restrictions: None
Kan Jam and a plan.
I spent the entire hours of daylight this weekend pretty much playing Kan Jam. It's addicting. And from what I hear it was invented in Western NY!

It's a game with two people on a team that throw a frisbee toward "cans" the size of metal trash cans with a slot cut into them. You get 2 points for hitting the can, 3 for your partner slamming the toss in the can, or 1 for hitting their toss against the can. Typically we play up to 21 with going back to zero if you hit 13 or 13 if you go over 21, and if both teams reach 21 you both go back to a 13-13 tie. If you get the frisbee in the slot, you automatically win. We play a best-of-seven series. I am now not only a Kan Jam pro, but a champion. I'll do some research and maybe post a link.

Then saturday night rolls around. The kids are going to a party down the street so I figured my best place would be to stay home so they got home ok. The biggest problem of the night? Not Amber's little chicky friend Alex puking her brains out in the backyard. Not K-Wol's drunk and gangly ass wanting to use my bathroom and walking like all his limbs are desparate to flee his body. Not Jake puking for like an hour upstairs. It was dealing with Monk, Jake, and Amber's 51 year old dad Jacko. Drunk he was, and wanting to take over my music.

I won't get into the depth of talent today about my cd collection or why I have certain cds that would cause a normal 20- or 30-something to cringe. But after he brought down his Moody Blues cd, out of respect I endured Blood Sweat and Tears, The Hollies, The Bee Gees, and Jacko's crazy stories and singing. Did I mention the mo-fin' Bee Gees?

Diane was probably glad to have him and vodka someplace other than upstairs. And no, I don't touch vodka anymore.

I'm proud of Winks. He must've taken a cue from the night I took care of his drunk ass awhile back, because he kept his head the whole night and shuttled his beat-up kicks back and forth between here, upstairs and the party trying to deal with the lightweights that can't hold their liquor. Dude was a champ last night.

Finally got Jack out, everyone got settled, and the got told I sound so "American" before my phone gave me the big eff-you and decided it didn't want to communicate with foreign numbers anymore. But I think I took care of that this morning.

So I woke up super early, because my internal clock seems to be missing a hand and not some numbers, but actually made it back to dreamland in time to not miss anything I'd been dreaming and it provided me some much-needed sleep.

Woke up, lunched, got the rundown from Winks on last night, Kan Jammed all afternoon, dealt some more with Jack's stories and him telling the boys he's almost the high school's greatest athlete, and Diane's lasagna is phenomenal.

Plus, I have devised a plan.

Tomorrow is Jess' birthday. I know she won't be there, because she mentioned she was taking time off for it- three days. So on tuesday, since she wasn't there yesterday or today, I will stop at the bakery down the street and buy a cupcake. If they don't have cupcakes and the supermarket doesn't have cupcakes, then a chocolate chip muffin. Then I'm gonna put a candle in it...but one of those ones that relights when you blow it out. I'll find a way to make it look conspicuous (not gonna light the candle) and pray I get it to her before her break and she tries to light the candle. Lame joke, I know...but it's the least stalkerish way to do what I can do.

So there's some other details, but I have company. I'll be disturbing your peaces soon.

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/598815-Kan-Jam-and-a-plan