*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/598845-Day-1-Task-1-Im-Lost
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1455703
Contains Authors Spotlight Tasks
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#598845 added July 28, 2008 at 11:22pm
Restrictions: None
Day 1, Task 1: I'm Lost!
“I’m lost!” Six-year-old Martha said to the giant stuffed panda standing in front of Universal Toys. “I need your help to find my Mommy and Daddy.”

The panda stared at Martha, its large black button eyes never blinking. Then it raised a huge black and white paw from its side and patted the child’s strawberry blond hair. “Where were you when you got lost, little girl?”

“At the north gate,” she pointed toward the mother of pearl gate at the far end of the street. “We came through the gate, Mommy stopped to look at the midnight purple roses in the flower shop and I let go of her hand. I turned around instantly, but I couldn’t find her or Daddy.”

“Why don’t you go into the toy store … uh, what’s your name?”

“Martha Amanda Janet Brenda Destiny O’Hara, but every one calls me Martha.”

“Go into the toy store, Martha, and I will look for your parents.”

“Thank you, Officer Panda,” Martha said stepping through the store’s open door.

In side the store, Martha stopped and looked around. Then she walked to the check out counter and looked up at the golden C-3-P-0 robot, which operated the cash register. “Mr. Robot, Officer Panda said I should wait in here while he looks for my parents. Where should I stand?”

“Do you like to play with stuffed toys or live animals, Miss Martha? Your name is Martha, isn’t it?”

“Yes, I’m Martha. I like to play with live animals.”

“Come with me, Miss Martha,” the robot took her hand and the two went out the back door of the shop. Behind the toy store was a wooden enclosure with half a dozen different mythological animals.

“May I ride the unicorn,” Martha pointed at the golden horned horse-like creature at the water trough.

“Of course, Miss,” C-3-P-0 picked Martha up and put her on the back of the palomino-coated unicorn mare. “Lena, her parents should be after her in an hour or two, in the mean time could you please keep her entertained.”

“Your wish is my command, 3-P-0.” The unicorn walked over to the young dragon at the south end of the enclosure and stood there humming You are my Sunshine, while Martha stroked the dragon’s golden scales.

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/598845-Day-1-Task-1-Im-Lost