*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/599500-Day-4-Task-2--EXTRA--EXTRA
Rated: ASR · Book · Other · #1456010
SECOND PLACE! - Season Three Author's Spotlight Competition
#599500 added July 31, 2008 at 11:17pm
Restrictions: None
Day 4 Task 2 EXTRA! EXTRA!
D4T2 - Day 4 Task 2
News Reporting
Use any of the following prompts:
1. Ready for US black president?
2. UFO is identified!
3. Global religious rally announced.



EXTRA!
Carol Marsella, staff writer

This is a special afternoon edition of the Spotlight Times.

This past week has been abuzz with preparations for the New World Summit.

Late this afternoon, the final debate between world leaders determined once and for all that, based upon current events and the necessary conclusion and demise of the brotherhood of evil that has overtaken the once great nation, the United States is indeed ready for a black president. Leaders reserve the right, however, to determine whether or not Barrack Obama is that man.

Once the decree was announced, closing ceremonies for the Summit began and, as Mick Jagger, Bruce Springsteen, and Miley Cyrus took over the festivities, it appeared the celebrating would go long into the wee hours.

When the stage was overshadowed by a huge, dark cloud, it came as a surprise - considering the weather report had promised clear, starlit skies. Onlookers gasped as the cloud dissipated, revealing what this reporter can only describe as a massive cylindrical object that hoovered above us and suddenly burst forth in hundreds of colored lights: a UFO. Before the crowd could disperse, the object began to hum and whizz as it descended upon us and landed in the stadium parking area, crushing vehicles of every shape and size.

As mass hysteria threatened to cause damage and possibly loss of life, the huge airship opened its entire side and we were immediately bathed in a shaft of light so bright, it temporarily blinded everyone present. By the time our vision began to return, we were surrounded by smallish beings, clothed in platinum, speaking without words to each of us telepathically, in the unversal language of feeling-knowledge.

Their message was clear: We must shape up if we want our planet to continue to sustain life as we know it. Mankind is on the brink of destruction.

Simultaneously, sister ships landed in Japan, California, Algeria, and the Ukraine; all bearing the same message.

They've been watching us, they said. They are the race from whom we are descended. It was decided millions of years ago to send our ancestors here after the destruction of the dinosaurs, to protect and nurture this planet and its inhabitants. Concerned this has been a failure, they made it clear they are ashamed of what we have become.

Although there were at least a hundred thousand people present here outside Giants Stadium, it was silent enough to hear the message. There is no doubt the change must be radical and immediate.

Within minutes of relaying their message, the small ones, as they referred to themselves in our thoughts, boarded their ships and lifted off, hovering momentarily as if to say, "you have been warned", before they bolted into the vastness of space and disappeared.

Within hours, churches, mosques, synagogues, and various temples representing Hindi, Native Americans, Buddhists and many other faiths of our world were filled to capacity with repentant souls, each faith temple opening its doors to its brother faithful.

A Global Religious Rally is slated for next week, the plan being to re-establish our roots as humble servants of the Creator of the universe, assigned, by the nature of our intellect and the stature of our being, to nurture and protect this planet and all its inhabitants.

It is this reporter's fervent hope that God is forgiving and it is not too late.

END



Carol


*FLOWER3*  A WDC Must Read!  *FLOWER3*
Variations - 'The Road Not Taken'  (E)
What if Shel Silverstein, Poe, Emily Dickinson or Tolkien had written Robert Frost's poem?
#1428182 by Ben Langhinrichs


** Image ID #1455312 Unavailable **

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY AMAZING ADOPTEES:
fiercepeace AND ~Avalia of Len~

I am proud to be a member of the following groups, as well:

"Invalid Item  "The Talent Pond  "Invalid Item
"Invalid Item  "The Writer's Workshop  "Invalid Item
© Copyright 2008 🌷 Carol St.Ann 🌷 (UN: bookmeister at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
🌷 Carol St.Ann 🌷 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/599500-Day-4-Task-2--EXTRA--EXTRA