*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/599711-And-More-On-Bus-Cook
Rated: E · Book · Sports · #1369759
Yoyo Brett Favre and his re-re-return to football...now last shot at glory corrupted?
#599711 added August 1, 2008 at 3:06pm
Restrictions: None
And More On Bus Cook
This story appeared on profootballtalk.com...

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/01/cook-driving-the-marketing-deal/

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/01/mccarthy-endorses-marketing-deal/

If Bus Cook indeed is trying to make a payday and not looking after the best interests of his client, I wonder further if this is an extortion plot. If Cook was able to coax this deal out of hiding and pushed to make it a reality just to get a big slice of pie, he will be eternally hated. And if Favre goes along with this, takes the money, shame on him for being so ill-advised.

this is starting to look like the stupidest thing yet. It's a bribe pure and simple. Anyone taking hush money is as culpable as the other components in this transaction. I want to plug my ears and run from the room yelling, knowing this could eventually become reality.

What a shady ending to the story. His legacy will be tarnished if he doesn't walk away from this money. I don't care if he never plays again. Don't stoop to taking money that was generated by an avid and admiring fan base. We will continue to pay the price for years to come.

Yes, Brett. You were worth every penny. If you put your hand in the cookie jar again, perhaps you could do your chores. Like, go through with your plans to play again. Take the more honorable way out of the situation. Sing for your supper or call it a day and go home hungry, if you really have an itch to play. The Lord works in mysterious ways and perhaps he has plans for you. If there is something dishonest about this, recompense will come for those parties who've strained against all logic to bring this pot of whatever it is to a boil.

I need a break from this now, too.


© Copyright 2008 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/599711-And-More-On-Bus-Cook