*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/600417-Napoleon-Retreats-Packers-Camp
Rated: E · Book · Sports · #1369759
Yoyo Brett Favre and his re-re-return to football...now last shot at glory corrupted?
#600417 added August 5, 2008 at 3:50pm
Restrictions: None
Napoleon Retreats Packer's Camp
A well attended Packer's training camp did not have fans catching a glimpse of the hopeful revival of number four. Reports seem to indicate a hard stance against Brett Favre making a comeback or competing for his old job...

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/05/exit-stage-lambeau

What was apparent to me is that only a small faction turned out to demonstrate against Packer management and in favor of Favre. On the northwest corner of Clark Hinkle field, camera crews were set up to get their photo ops of fans staging their demonstration. It wasn't well rehearsed, and I assumed they chanted the most and the hardest when cameras were rolling. Even then, their chants died out too quickly, showing little committment by the assembled fan base to make their feelings known beyond the media presence.

What's troubling is Favre could be on the field practicing, but chooses not to be a distraction. I don't know why he went to all this effort to reinstate and offer his services, only to stalemate in face-to-face negotiations with coach Mike McCarthy and whatever meetings with GM Ted Thompson.

All I can say is Compete. The job is yours and they are the only people standing in the way. I don't know why Favre needs to be hard-headed at this point. If he takes a softer stance, he can win fan empathy. But, he's losing folks like me by not following through. Why does he have to worry about the divisive nature of his return. That's already been established and it's management that perpetuates the issue by their resolve to make Aaron Rodgers the starter and not blinking when Favre says he's come back to play.

I drove by his house on the way home and finally saw camera crews set up, hoping for a glimpse of Favre on his front lawn. That's not going to happen. He'll pop out of the garage in his Escalade and drive off, but isn't going to open up his privacy on the home front. But, this is as bizarre as I've seen it outside his home and expect anticipation will only grow the longer this mystery evolves.

Can we compare Favre to an exiled Napoleon at this point?


© Copyright 2008 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/600417-Napoleon-Retreats-Packers-Camp