*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/600466-Brett-Favre-Block-Party
Rated: E · Book · Sports · #1369759
Yoyo Brett Favre and his re-re-return to football...now last shot at glory corrupted?
#600466 added August 6, 2008 at 6:03am
Restrictions: None
Brett Favre Block Party
My suspicions were correct. The media and fans are camped on Brett Favre's doorstep in Green Bay, anxiously awaiting any movement from the soon-to-be former Packer. The assemblage is quiet with their signs, some sitting in the grass of a neighbors yard across the street to one side, while others stand along Shady Lane across the road in front of his home in peaceful vigil. Police have barracaded Morris Avenue leading up to his home and have blocked one lane on Shady to redirect traffic away from the gathering that includes about eight television camera crews and reporters.

Some say he has been in his home since two this afternoon. A flight had been scheduled to depart Austin Straubel at 6:10 p.m. but was cancelled, according to FlightAware.com. I stood there for about 45 minutes until it was dark with a chance of mosquito bites before leaving to help my wife get the kids to bed. I don't expect any movement tonight.

My suspicions are the trade talks heat up now and Brett's plans might be to fly directly to Tampa Bay, once a deal is done. I'll keep watching flights going out of Green Bay before I make another visit to the intersection of Shady and Morris. Just hope this isn't a permanent arrangement, because folks will not like being rerouted on that busy thoroughfare. Me included.

 
BOOK
Brett Favre Scandal After Retirement Yrs  (E)
Yoyo Brett Favre and his re-re-return to football...now last shot at glory corrupted?
#1369759 by He’s Brian K Compton

© Copyright 2008 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/600466-Brett-Favre-Block-Party