*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/601706-Never-enough
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1376358
Things that I think every mom wants thier kids to know
#601706 added August 13, 2008 at 9:45am
Restrictions: None
Never enough
How often have you thought you had money in the bank, only to find out that you have no money in the bank? It shouldn't be this hard for my usband and myself to make ends meet. The kids are grown and all have moved out except 1, so why is it so hard for us to save some money? I have been trying and trying to save some money because I want to move back home. My husband wants to move also. He is at the top of his pay scale here. If we move, he would definitely make more money and then we might be able to save some money for a change. It just seems like every step forward turns into two steps backwards. Doesn't matter how little we spend or how much we spend, we are always broke. I know, stop spending. It isn't like we are just buying things to be buying things. I'm talking just the basics for the week. You know, groceries and paying the bills. There isn't any money left for anything extra. My husband had to wear shoes with holes in the soles for about 2 weeks before I could buy him a new pair. The problem, I had to buy the $20.00 walmart shoes. He will need new ones in about 2-3 months. If I had the extra 60 -70 dollars for the good shoes then I wouldn't be complaining. Our society is set up so that the little guy has to struggle just to survive and the lord high muckity-mucks get everything they want when they want it. Why, because the little guy works for them and they don't pay them what they are worth. When my husband started with this company about 15 years ago, they were working out of the shed in the bosses backyard. Now, the company does millions in business every year and the boss gets a new boat every year for his fishing trips or a new gun for his hunting trips. Does my husband make enough money to keep the bills paid, barely. Does my husband always get paid time and a half for his overtime, sometimes.does my husband have any extra money for luxuries, like going out to eat once a month, NO! But, one of these days, we will have that kind of money and I don't think we will forget the little guy. Even now, when on that rare occasion when I get to go to Sonic for cheesesticks and tea, I give them a dollar tip, just because they are struggling harder than I am. The economy sucks so bad right now. Hope we make it through to the other side of these hard times. Hope you do too.

© Copyright 2008 gramma6 (UN: clsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
gramma6 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/601706-Never-enough