*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/601765-
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#601765 added August 13, 2008 at 7:02pm
Restrictions: None
...
“Hate’s a pretty strong word. You don’t mean it. Don’t say that.”

How can I explain, in the few minutes I have on the phone. Yes I do hate her, but not hate her, hate her. It’s that bottom sliver of hate the sometimes mingles with strong dislike…or I can’t stand.

That’s it. I can’t stand her. Hate really should be reserved for those who have impacted your life in huge negative ways. She’s only thrown heaps of liquid negative-ism on me. Saturated my clothes - that dry and sometimes stain. I swear she laughs when my back is turned.

I am the one who is debilitated by her nasty splashes of destructiveness when she, with the swoop of both arms, slings her heavy bucket in my direction.

But today, only moments ago, I sat, slumped over at the bottom. Not THE BOTTOM, but the bottom of this. It sucked and fear was involved.

But the beauty of the bottom is that it’s, well, the bottom. You either stay there, or you climb up from the bottom.

I took my first step, fingers dug into slippery mud, braced myself for the long haul.

I’m so outta here.

© Copyright 2008 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/601765-