*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/602424-Watchin-Olympics--the-County-Fair
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#602424 added August 17, 2008 at 5:08pm
Restrictions: None
Watchin' Olympics & the County Fair
I just wanted to drop a quick line about the Olympics. I've gotta' admit - I'm a sucker for the Olympics. I prefer the Winter Olympics, but I do enjoy the summer ones. My favorites are swimming ( A BIG SHOUT OUT TO Michael Phelps!! Mr. 8!!! Gold Medals) *Bigsmile* diving, and gymnasts, but I'll watch anything that is on. I have to admit, I was kinda' getting into water polo there. *Smile*

Last weekend, the family went to the Ventura County Fair. It was in Oxnard, near the ocean. The boys went on the kiddie rides and we got Joseph in the pet the goats and barn animals. He didn't know what to make of them. I had a fish taco for lunch and we got to see the livestock for a little bit. My favorite was a pig named "PORKALICIOUS." She should have earned a ribbon for that name alone! The floraculture exhibit rocked the house as well. We had to go home at 3:30 only because I had to work that night. Still, I'd love to go back next year. I had a great time.

Currently, I'm reading "PUSH NOT THE RIVER," which is the prequel to AGAINST A CRIMSON SKY and I'm totally hooked on this story. It takes place in Poland in late 1700's as Austria, Prussia and Russia are carving up Poland for the last time and focuses on a young noblewoman, Anna. As a young 17 year old girl, Anna meets the love of her life, a Polish patriot, Jan Stelnicki but the turbulent times threaten to keep them apart. This is one story I'd love to see made into a movie.

Anyone have a favorite Olympic sport or read a good lately?



© Copyright 2008 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/602424-Watchin-Olympics--the-County-Fair