*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/602595-Inanity
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#602595 added August 18, 2008 at 6:23pm
Restrictions: None
Inanity
Wow it feels like a long time. I haven't been here in awhile. And I wish I had a good excuse. But I don't.

Seriously? Not much has gone on. Can't do much when money's tighter than a pharmaceutical bottle.

I think the most excitement this weekend was late saturday night. Winkz, Amber and Alex are down here playing cards with me and we're all devoid of nicotine. A fun bunch indeed. Until this dude Evan, who totally wants Amber, calls. And he's got some money on him. I wouldn't normally let such dorks in, but he's the meal ticket, and thus the adventure begins...at 2am.

Go figure that every close place around that sells cigarettes is closed up for the night. We wound up walking in a gigantic circle for almost two hours before hitting a 24hr place, for one pack to split amongst the five of us.

I know I know, save it. By saturday afternoon Winkz had already brought up the topic of quitting. But when you're in a room full of fiends, and empathy is one of your most favorable traits, there comes a time in a man's life when he has to lead the charge and make things happen. A tired bunch we were, and as a result I swear to live my life in a way that is not so out of control that I never have to smoke a Marb red 100 again. I will always keep menthols on reserve.

Cue "Skinny" by Atmosphere here.

Sunday was another day of waste, akin to the few days before. Catch out front, scrounging smokes, and teaching Winkz how to play rummy.

I did manage to catch some of the Olympics though. I won't touch on the controversies that I'm too late to the party for already (but the Chinese lip-syncing scandal is absolutely ludicrous). I was more into the, uhhh, amazingly blonde and buxom agile American gymnast that had a few stumbles and then couldn't...oh, I don't know, because Seinfeld was on.

I'm not at all a boob guy. The big guns don't excite me too much. I prefer a nice set of hips, a shapely small-of-the-back, and a curvacious- nay, dare I say, bootylicious- turn of the backside.

Cue "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix-A-Lot now.

Suffice to say, this weekend has not been short of tense moments. Each night after midnight has found me frantically searching to see if my payments have started back up. I must say, I have eaten like a champ...ok a deposed champ. Mac and cheese without butter and milk is like Van Halen without David Lee Roth, Wu-Tang minus ODB, gin without tonic or life sans meaning. And when I get to the meaning of my life, y'all will be the first to know.

Cue "Peaches" by The Presidents of the USA here.

Oh I forgot...saturday afternoon, K-wol stops by with what he proclaims is the juciest peach that he's ever had. All jealous Winkz, Ed, Jake and I were, we had to find out. So we step-roadied over to the supermarket to go peach shopping, only to leave with peaches and a few 2-liters of what you people call "soda", so we sent Winkz to the bakery for a Butterbar. For those not in the know, a Butterbar is an incredible butter pastry with crumb topping and a delicious buttercreme filling.

In another long story abbreviated, the peaches we bought were horribly overripe and neither good nor juicy. Chalk that up to frustration.

So word up, today the state comes through finally with some money. Woke up Winkler, had some BK and damn did it feel nice to smoke my own cigarettes again *Smile*. CWC asked where I've been lately and I told her I was trying to get over her. I love it when girls give me dumb looks! As if she's just taken up English as a second language. We came home, K-wol and Jake came down for a spirited game of Rummy 500 and some catch outside, and look, I'm all caught up now!

Almost. We're gonna investigate what's stinkin' up the back yard, and later on I'll do my best to get caught up on the rest of you. In not wanting to waste a weekend on WDC, I went AWOL. My bad. Be back soon, I promise. Thanks for droppin' in.

Cue up "Trouble" by Coldplay.

Peace homies.

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/602595-Inanity