*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/603233-Tripping-in-Shallow-Streams
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#603233 added August 22, 2008 at 4:43pm
Restrictions: None
Tripping in Shallow Streams
I heard an old song today. It was one we used to sing along to in my car on sweet summer days before the end came. It made me smile. The Bare Naked Ladies, "Brian Wilson"; it seemed you identified so well with the random lyrics and rolicking melody. Its not often these days, in the mist of my new life, when I think of you unless its forced upon me. It was a nice diversion just for a moment to remember you that way, carefree and happy, your big fingers drumming the tune out on my shoulder and your newport out the window streaming smoke into the afternoon sunshine.
This brief flash of memory tugs at my guilt, and reminds me of the work I've not yet finished. I've not even worked the piece for months and I know I have to finish it. I know its the one thing I really must complete, for me. I might have wrapped my arms and my heart around my new love and my new life, but until I finish that novel, I feel there will always be a phantom in my shadow. "Grasshoper" haunts my port. Its time I really try to pull it together and give it a proper burial.

© Copyright 2008 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/603233-Tripping-in-Shallow-Streams