*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/602546-Rain-on-a-Tin-Roof
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#602546 added August 18, 2008 at 12:50pm
Restrictions: None
Rain on a Tin Roof
I'm feeling exhausted after the weekend. It was a frustrating few days from shopping for a replacement to my SUV to taking care of a ailing cat that seems only to be awake and active between the hours of 2 and 4am. The summer has speed by with the kind of alarming speed that reminds you how short life can be. Its not been the easiest time ever lately, and I'm looking forward to the Fall, a time when I traditionally find myself in higher spirits overall. I know he's pinning for a summer lost, and seems more disheartened by each wanning day. I'm hoping the upcoming vacation will lift his spirits. I'm afraid he's felt each disappointment more acutely than I. We both wanted more out of life that we can apparently have right now.
I've been feeling out of sorts these late fews days and I beginning to wonder if it is more than from lack of sleep and anxiety over my pet's injury. I've had a headache nearly ever day and my stomach feels constantly unsettled. I'm looking at the calendar and wondering if the end of August will bring more of a surprise than I had thought.

© Copyright 2008 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/602546-Rain-on-a-Tin-Roof