*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/603360-It-Happened-Again
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#603360 added August 23, 2008 at 11:37am
Restrictions: None
It Happened Again
Jalál (Glory), 4 Asma (Names), 165 B.E. – Saturday, August 23, 2008 about 8:12 AM Pacific Time

It happened again, exactly twenty-nine days after the first time, the doorbell rings at midnight. All right, I know that sounds like a mystery novel and I think that is a good title for such a novel. However, I would like to know who ring my doorbell on July 25 and August 23 at midnight.

Each time the doorbell rings three times and woke me up from a sound sleep. I got up, went to the front door and looked out the window in the door. I saw no one standing on my stoop, so I opened the door. My security screen door locks from the inside, so I felt no real worry about opening it. I looked out and saw no one. I went into the living room and looked out the window and still saw no one.

If this happens again then the next date will be September 21, 2008. I can't say I'm looking forward to the event. When I'm awakened from a sound sleep, I can't get back to sleep for two or three hours. So rather then lay in bed attempting the impossible, I get up, turn the computer on and do some work online. After a couple of hours of work I'm sleepy and can go to bed. The problem with this is that my entire day is screwed up. At least, this time it was a Saturday and not a Friday when I had to be to work at 8:30 AM.

The only thing I've gotten out of this experience is the beginning of a poem.
The Doorbell Rings at Midnight


Bring!
Bring!
Bring!
Three times the doorbell rings
Outside the night is dark
And the neighbors' dogs bark.
I go to the front door and look out
No one can be seen anywhere about.
So I open the door and listen to the night
to the barking of dogs and the siren's song.

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/603360-It-Happened-Again