*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/603428-Homecoming
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1364628
My blog of fun, love, frustrations and me.
#603428 added August 23, 2008 at 8:46pm
Restrictions: None
Homecoming
Well, I'm home. Sad, absolutely. My vacation wasn't all that I hoped it would be, but at least I got away for a bit. The tears were harder to stop this time around, probably because I was trying to make up for the Evacuation and not going over last summer when we had the chance. Fear kept me away, but I refuse to let again. Even feel as if my memory is better, all the short terms things seem to be sticking with me.

I plan to add more photos in the morning, since I have my good internet connection again. *Smile* Nothing beats a good connection.

As for the landing in Frankfurt, talk about SCARY. I believe the pilot was coming in way too fast. We touched down, the plane was thrust back into the air, came down hard and began to slide on the runway. When the pilot hit the brakes, you could hear all the gasping and began to panic. By a miracle of God, the pilot was able to get control of the plane and get us to the terminal. Now I'm used to Lebanese clapping for a good landing, and they clapped this time, once we were crawling toward the terminal. Hubby says he was going to tell me that Middle East Airlines is one of the best, and before he could, we had that landing. When they clapped, he said, "What the heck are they clapping for?" *Laugh*

The landing in Detroit was much better, and I'm thankful for that. After that crash in Spain, I'm totally freaked out about flying. At least I have a year to get over it. Exhausted, so I'm off to an early bed. Check back tomorrow.

Peace Out....

© Copyright 2008 Purple Celebrates (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Celebrates has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/603428-Homecoming