*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/605034-only-read-the-first-half-of-this-entry
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1372191
Ohhhhhhhh.
#605034 added September 2, 2008 at 3:00pm
Restrictions: None
only read the first half of this entry
School started today (for me AND for Meg! Yay!). Taxation I is dragging, but I think I like the professor. Mostly I am struck by how different the energy is, this time around, among all these 2Ls who know not to especially stress over the first day of class. The girl to my left is checking her email; the guy in front of me is filling out the New York Times crossword puzzle; the guy to my right is unabashedly playing Myst online. I'm reading Fiction Edition stories, so I can't judge.

I'm having a weird moment of can-do spirit, by the way. I'm going to buy a planner at the bookstore after class, and I think I may actually use it. The new apartment seems to be making a difference. I have my own space and some say-so; I'm not at the mercy of everything going on in the units around me.

*

I'd like to go to a bar with Ernie sometime. I think it would be an incredible social experiment, because I can only imagine how he'd react to the things people do and say. Ernie, have you read The Game?

Last night, barhopping to find a place that offered both the UCLA game and some decent sliders. Justin was the best yesterday, literally the best he's ever been on any day ever, so I was totally happy to accommodate, happier still to finally settle at Clyde's with my zero interest in the football score and my succotash-smothered fried green tomatoes.

The lady sitting next to us was flirting relentlessly with the (female) bartender, relating details from her recent trip to Europe, man-bashing with all the hate of the very drunk. She downed Magic Hat after Magic Hat, alternately spitting venom about her last boyfriend and seeking significant details about the bartender's. She was a total mess and a really annoying neighbor till a pair of women came in, women she apparently knew from her last job. They did the whole squealy, excited reunion thing and started catching up over another round of beers.

Over the course of the next hour, three different groups of guys came in and tried to pull a classic PUA formation by separating Loud Drunky away from the two other women, who were markedly prettier. She ignored each wingman and cock-blocked their leaders in a way that was so abrasive, so bitchy, I was shocked they didn't get into a confrontation with her. The other two women, who had clearly come to the bar looking for male attention, wore these expressions of total horror and annoyance, and finally left.

I watched this all unfold and said, to Justin, "Whoa, did you see that multi-tiered cock-block?"

He pulled his eyes away from the overhead screen for the first time in an hour. "...Wha?"

*

Broke in the new sheets. Toeprints on the wall where the headboard would be, if I had one. I freaking love life right now. I have to write these things down, so I'll remember them.

*

Nitroman, whose Fiction Edition entries have been consistently incredible, suggests that I throw in a surprise bonus prompt provided by me. Which, ouch, it really stings that I can't or probably won't (don't want to deviate too much from the rules without having alerted them to the possibility of bonuses), because I really wanted to do that. I really wanted to provide a prompt of my own, wanted people to either write the exact story I'd love to read over and over again or really impress me by finding a way not to.

So, next time, maybe.

Speaking of which:

 Follow the Leader  (13+)
Round 12 open for sign-ups!
#1378797 by mood indigo


Can we get three more players so we can start, please?

© Copyright 2008 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/605034-only-read-the-first-half-of-this-entry