*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/604405-hax-day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1372191
Ohhhhhhhh.
#604405 added August 29, 2008 at 4:47pm
Restrictions: None
hax day
1. If your pets could speak English, what would their voices sound like?
Doodle would sound like a cranky, curmudgeonly old man. Baby would sound like a skittish teenage boy.

2. Where is the most uncomfortable place you've ever had sex?
On the carpet in our old building. It resulted in two angry patches of rug burn on my spine.

3. Tell me about the book you're reading?
The first third of Malcolm Gladwell's Blink was compelling and interesting (I was horrified by the statistic about priming, race and test scores), but now I'm on the long anecdote section, about war games and improv comedy teams, and I can't get through it. I'm hoping it gets better again.

4. And the music/noise you're hearing right now?
No music, just the chatter of the keys. Also, faintly, outside, some crickets chirping. The kind of wildlife noises you only hear when it's just rained.

5. What was the make of the first car you ever drove?
Volvo.

6. One thing you'll always remember about your first boyfriend/girlfriend?
That I put everything on hold for him and walked away with absolutely nothing.

7. Who complains the most of everyone you know?
Me, maybe?

8. What was the person you like wearing the last time you saw them?
I don't think he was wearing anything, but I didn't check. It's possible that he got up and put on some boxers while I was sleeping, then got back under the covers before I woke up.

9. How many songs on your iPod/mp3 player?
I'm still rebuilding the library after the Great Loss, so, somewhere in the neighborhood of five hundred, total, between the two of them.

10. List every band that has more than twenty songs for it?
I don't have that many songs by any artist, except, maybe, Tchaikovsky. Also maybe the Miles Davis Quintet.

11. What did you do the last time you got drunk?
If you count last night (two glasses of wine; I was silly but probably not drunk), I watched Barack Obama accept the nomination, ate Chinese food, watched Stephen Colbert make fun of Barack Obama, had sex and fell asleep. It was a great night.

12. Do you know anyone who is blind, deaf or mute?
Not personally, actually.

13. When is the last time you ate with chopsticks?
At Azuki, with Meg, Tina and Stephanie, in New York, last Saturday.

14. When you're alone, do you ever eat food that requires cutlery with your hands?
I can't even begin to list all the things I do when I'm alone that I wouldn't do around other people. I wouldn't even think to hesitate to eat cutlery food sans cutlery, if no one were around to make fun of me. I'm also way more liberal with the five-second rule.

15. What's the last meal you made?
Cinnamon toast! But, meal? Tofu risotto, with Meg.

16. What question do you hate seeing on a survey?
Basic stuff--name, birthday, "What time is it?" "What time is it now?" "Single or taken?" "Zodiac sign?" etc.--anything that doesn't require any thought.

17. How is your money situation?
Not as bad as some people in this stage of life. I got an academic scholarship and a good summer job, which, together, barely begin to offset the crippling effect of three years of loans, but, as Ernie will probably point out, I also have really supportive parents who back me in whatever ways they can.

18. How old were you when you stopped getting an allowance (or do you still get one?
I only got an official allowance for about a year, and that was when I was eleven. However, as I mentioned, my parents still help out however possible--their philosophy is that, for as long as I am a student, investing in my future is my full-time job, and they will fill in the gaps until I graduate.

19. When you go out with friends, where do you go most often?
Anyplace in Chinatown.

20. Do you buy CDs or just download all your music?
I miss the emotional payoff of holding a new CD in my hand, but looking back on all the money I've wasted over the years (nineteen dollars for a Terence Trent D'Arby CD when I only wanted to hear "Wishing Well"?) makes me feel pretty ridiculous.

© Copyright 2008 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/604405-hax-day