*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/607112-Summer-is-extending
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1302157
My blogging here
#607112 added September 14, 2008 at 1:31pm
Restrictions: None
Summer is extending.
What usually comes with September weather here is cooler days and rain. That hasn't happened this year. We had the cooler temperatures and all the rainy days in August instead!

Now we are having our hot sunny summer days! It's been cool only at night, early morning and late evening. If it keeps this up we just might get an Indian Summer in October! The last time I remember that happening it was in the early 1990's when we had sunshine for weeks and the temperatures were in the mid 80's!

We are finally able to pick up some locally grown sweet corn. The rains all spring and early summer had slowed down the growing season around here for nearly everything. We stopped at the Farmers Market last week and picked up some big juicy peaches and local sweet corn. Yum yum.*Delight*

When Ron's sis Patricia was here vacationing she brought sweet corn over from eastern Washington and it was so good and full. Ours over here wasn't quite as full as it should have been yet.

We sure had a good time when Patricia and Pebbles were here. She drove a long ways by herself over the mountains to get here. That can be quite an ordeal for anyone let alone an older woman traveling by herself with just a small doggie. So we really appreciated her coming all that way just to visit us.

We sat around and talked and talked all the while she was here. Well, I should say we just sat around and ATE and talked while she was here! She enjoyed our company and we hers. We played chess one evening. Her and I with Ron coaching her. She hadn't played chess in about 40 years so she was learning all over again.

We watched movies in the evening. She and Pebbles snuggled in the big wide recliner with a blanket and she would be dozing off in no time! I think the movies Ron picked for us were either too graphic- The Shield -or hard to understand the dialog - The Last Detective. That one is a BBC series. Anyways, we didn't mind that she fell asleep it made us feel that she was relaxed and felt right at home here.

She and I did work in a walk down Cedar Grove Ave. here so she could see Mt.Baker looming behind our home. It is hidden behind all the trees in the community and can't be seen from the house here. She was in awe of it's beauty. She is a mountain lover of course and used to live in Oregon right at the foot of Mt. Hood. So of course she knew how much we appreciated our mountain home and the breathtaking views.

The visit went by so fast and soon it was time for her and Pebbles to leave. Pebbles was such a good little girl when she was here. She and our kitties had only a few confrontations during the whole time. She never chased the kitties though, and they kept their distance. So it worked out that they each kept their space and all was fine.

We will be looking forward to another visit from her in the future for sure.*Bigsmile*
















My Bikers Sig gifted to me from Sultry Enchantress

© Copyright 2008 ShiShad (UN: shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShiShad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/607112-Summer-is-extending