*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/608477-Explicitly-Succinct
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#608477 added September 21, 2008 at 10:51am
Restrictions: None
Explicitly Succinct
My response to the Leading Journal entry by femmedragon for September 20, 2008.


"Invalid Entry: Everything I know about sex by Don Juan Casanova Murphy.

"What is this?" Lottie picked up the manuscript laying on the coffee table and leafed through it. "And who is Don Juan Casanova Murphy?"

"Me," said Calvin, taking the manuscript from Lottie and placing it in his brief case.

"So you're writing fantasy novels now are you?" She smiled as she studied the expression on her brother-in-laws face.

"No, Lottie, it's a how to manual," he glared at her. "By the way, where is my wife?"

"Sue is setting behind the wheel in your car, but she's in a weird mood."

"What do you mean?"

"She's alternating, at five minutes intervals, between laughter and tears. The neighbors are beginning to get concerned because apparently she's been doing that for the last hour or so."

"Any idea what her problem is, Lottie?"

"My guess, Calvin, is that she saw your manuscript. If I were you, I wouldn't let her drive in her condition or with that potential book in your car."

"Why?"

"Calvin, if the cops stop her, I'm not bailing either of you out of jail."

"Why should either of us go to jail, Lottie?"

"Her for DUIL, Driving Under the Influence of a Liar, and you for being the Liar."

Calvin shot an "if looks could kill" expression at his sister-in-law and stalked out of the house.


© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/608477-Explicitly-Succinct