*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/609938-Observations-in-Ibiza
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#609938 added October 2, 2008 at 7:48am
Restrictions: None
Observations in Ibiza
Hola

*Bullet* It's always a surprise to discover which nationality will dominate our holiday hotel. In the past we've suffered shared with Germans, Spanish and Dutch but this time it's the French. Not so handy when schoolgirl French memories of the language are limited to Bonjour, Merci Beaucoup, Sacre Bleu, Au Revoir and Le chat est derriere la porte.

*Bullet* Some things English can never be emulated by our European neighbours including tea, coffee, cheese, chocolate and bread. The alcohol is slightly different too, but still causes the same sort of hangovers.

*Bullet* Never believe people when they tell you rain in other climates is different to your own. It falls from the sky like ramrods, it's wet, it creates puddles, it splashes up the back of your legs and makes your hair fuzzy. What's so different about that?

*Bullet* Now I remember why I stated I'd never go in a hotel again and would stick to self catering where there are several rooms incuded in the accomodation. When the brass band on the other side of the bed starts up the only choices are to sleep in the bath or on the balcony and both are wet as well as uncomfortable.

*Bullet* When you tell your friends where you are going on holiday and suggest they join you, make sure you have plenty of friends to spare. Spending a week away with the weather witch may be enough to destroy beautiful friendships forever.

Hope all is well in Blogville and with all you Blogvillians.

Oh and Happy Burpday Son - 27 today. Where did that go? *Rolleyes*

© Copyright 2008 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/609938-Observations-in-Ibiza