*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/610668-Contrary-Mary
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#610668 added October 2, 2008 at 6:18pm
Restrictions: None
Contrary Mary
Is it just me or do all members of the human race and maybe other species too, have this contrary habit of always wanting to be somewhere else and then discovering it's not as good as we anticipated?

I mean, before I went away I couldn't wait to leave cold, dreary England, escape the humdrum and routine, have no housework or cooking to do and relax with a good book in the sunshine.

Half way through the holiday I started missing good old English cooking, my comfortable bed and chair, my computer and my friends. Agreed we did get some sunshine and I read a couple of excellent books but it wasn't hot enough to swim and the company was far from stimulating, not to mention the night time snortles.

We landed back in England in the wee small hours of this morning. It was very cold and took an hour to get through passport control, by which time I was wishing I was back in Ibiza. After a day of unpacking, laundry, shopping and suffering almost winter temperatures, I'm now ready for a holiday abroad. *Rolleyes*

Am I just a discontented, contrary, grumpy old woman or is it true the grass is always greener on the other side but it still needs mowing whatever?


© Copyright 2008 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/610668-Contrary-Mary