*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/611651-A-Twofer-First
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#611651 added October 7, 2008 at 10:54pm
Restrictions: None
A Twofer First
Brand new blogger, gennivre, described in her first blog entry "Invalid Entry her earliest memory.

It reminded me of my own first memory:

My dad was carrying me along a narrow aisle with seats on either side of me. My first plane ride. I was quite happy because I wore my favorite outfit (I think I even got to choose it for the trip). It was dark green with white birds patterned all around, elastic-gathered short-sleeved shirt and shorts.

I was excited about the trip until I saw my older sister grab the seat by the window. I complained to my Dad about it.

"You'll get the window on the trip back," he said. "And after we take off you can get out of your seat and look out the window."

That appeased me, so I sat happily in my seat and my dad strapped me in.

I then watched as my parents took their seats in the row ahead of us.

The last thing I remember was the push into my seat as the plane took off, and me straining my neck to look out the window.

I was 18 months old, and we were taking a trip from Colorado to California to visit my mom's parents. I remember nothing of the visit, or even whether or not I sat in the window seat on the way back. Knowing me and how stubborn I could be, I did.

I often wonder what Thomas' first memory will be. I hope it's a happy one.

What was your first memory?

© Copyright 2008 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/611651-A-Twofer-First