*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/611993-Jesus-Publicist
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#611993 added October 9, 2008 at 3:18pm
Restrictions: None
Jesus' Publicist?
Randy Ingermanson wrote a funny and thoughtful article about what we, as writers, sometimes expect of Jesus. I recommend you read it before you continue reading my entry. I'll wait.

http://www.christianfictiononlinemagazine.com/biz_rooney.html

You're back already? Dang you read fast!

I found it profound in that I tend to depend on Jesus to be my publicist. As "Sam" pointed out, Jesus' job description does not include going out to market our work.

In fact the reverse is true. God calls us to be his publicist. In the Old Testament he used the Prophets. In the New Testament, he used the disciples, and all those who followed after Jesus' death including Paul. It's a partnership, and our duty is to share with others who Christ is.

For me that's through my writing (in part). To not fulfill my responsibility in this partnership with God means I'm not living up to the potential he planned for me.

God does lead us in a particular direction - if we're paying close attention to his nudges.

Ever have days when confidence is in short supply, and you're fine with that? Sometimes I don't want to be happy. I don't want to believe what I do, or write in this case, is worth anything. Let's just keep things as they are, forget about publishing. My writing isn't good enough.

And that's okay.

Ha! God refused to allowed that, darn him.

I mentioned earlier how I was chosen as one of WDCs Angel Army's Port Raid Author of the Month. It has resulted in many excellent reviews. Most have included blush-inducing praise as well as suggestions.

I think it's one of God's little nudges that says, "See, you do have talent. What are you waiting for? Get those words out there! You're one of my publicists, remember? I gave you the tools, now use them."

I guess it's time to spend some money and get my novella sent to the printers.

To start.

Man, I have some serious work ahead of me!

© Copyright 2008 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/611993-Jesus-Publicist