*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/612402-Busy-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1364628
My blog of fun, love, frustrations and me.
#612402 added October 11, 2008 at 11:04pm
Restrictions: None
Busy Day
Well the day started out with insanity as I struggled to finish my quickie entry by noon. There are a few reasons I think it took so long this time around. One is that I was trying to write about something that I don't know much about. I guess I tend to write from what I know, or use stories from real people, putting my own spin on it to make it suit my characters. So venturing off into the unknow really stressed me out. I didn't have to post the story for the contest, but I wanted to. The only other reason I can come up with for spending the morning writing, is that I now want my work to be flawless. Nothing wrong with that, but damn its exhausting.

The afternoon was busy and flew by. Between getting all the little extras we'd need for our family gathering, cleaning the house and having to pick hubby up from work, it was 6 o'clock. I wore my new purple clothes, and love them. The cords had to be swapped out since it was too hot to be wearing them. So I grab this pair of pants hubby bought me a few years ago, and the damn things are too big. I am in desperate need of a belt. And new clothes. I suppose this is a good thing, but I hate to go clothes shopping. I am one of those people who never likes the way I look. I was excited to get a few new pictures of myself all decked out in the purple, but once I uploaded them to the pc, I hated every single one of them. Figures. Typical of me anyway. One day I'll update a few.

Dinner went well, and I enjoyed having the family over. Cake was awesome. There is nothing better than a Sam's Club cake. I swear it. It's all in the frosting. That fluffy white cream with no sugar sux. I mean seriously, what's the point. If I am going to eat cake, or sweets, it damn well better have some sugar in it. Otherwise, I'm wasting my time. I will admit that it was strange to have everyone here, everyone but my grandfather. I honestly don't know what Thanksgiving and Christmas are going to be like. I'm sure we'll have fun, but it will strange to look around and not see him watching everyone, doing his best to keep up with the conversation that he can't hardly hear.

After the Red Wings kicked a little booty on the ice, we watched a belly dancing competition. I so want to go and take lessons. Well after everyone left, I did my best to do a few moves of my own. I did take a few internet lessons, but they can't compare to a live instructor. Since it's going to be a long winter, I'll be looking around for a dance studio that offers lessons. Woots to learning some sexy new moves. Hubby even offered to buy me the outfit already, but I think I'll wait a bit on that. Can you see it now, a purple and white belly dancing getup. Woots to T.

LIVE - LAUGH - LOVE ALWAYS...

© Copyright 2008 Purple Celebrates (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Celebrates has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/612402-Busy-Day