*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/612799-Friday-Slipping-Away
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1474485
My blog from the land of humidity
#612799 added October 14, 2008 at 12:23pm
Restrictions: None
Friday, Slipping Away
Every week I work looking forward to Friday and most of the time when it gets here I don't know what to do with myself. So often I find that, unless I have specific plans, the entire weekend slips away and I haven't really done any of the things that I was looking forward to doing during the week. Sometimes, as is the case this week, it has to do with an unplanned inconvenience. I had anticipated going kayaking either today or tomorrow but the car with the kayak rack is in the shop. It was supposed to be finished by this morning, but the garage called a couple of hours ago and said it's going to take a few more days - and of course a few hundred more dollars. (I should probably note that my work week runs from Friday to Tuesday, so my "weekend" is from Tuesday afternoon to Thursday night.) So now the plan to kayak is no longer viable. I'll only have a rental car through tonight, so starting tomorrow, unless I want to drive Sheila back and forth to work, I won't have a car at all. So this week, on my "Saturday" and "Sunday" I may not even have a car at all. That sort of limits the outdoor activities that are available. Maybe I'll take my bike to the Bay and go fishing. Or I could always walk to the golf course. Of course, I could always stay inside and work on my writing.... Another Friday, slipping away.

© Copyright 2008 Clrd2Land (UN: keyskayak at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Clrd2Land has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/612799-Friday-Slipping-Away