*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/614012-Julies-Visit
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1302157
My blogging here
#614012 added October 21, 2008 at 8:48pm
Restrictions: None
Julie's Visit
My daughter Julie arrived around four o'clock on Friday afternoon with her daughter Alex and
Alex's friend Amanda. I had prepared a roast dinner and apple cobbler for dessert. It had been a longtime since Julie had eaten Mom's apple cobbler. She was delighted. It was, however, the first time that Amanda had eaten any cobbler! That really surprised me because Amanda is fourteen years old. I guess times are different now-a-days!

My children grew up on home cooking, home made cakes, pies, cobblers, and the like. Yet, Julie confessed to have never made an apple cobbler herself. Though she has made plenty of pies.

Amanda felt right at home immediately. I took to her instantly. She has a sweet disposition and one can't help but like her bubbly personality. She and Alex have been friends for seven years. It wasn't long before she was calling me Grandma too!*Bigsmile*

We watched the movie "What Happened In Vegas" with Cameron Diaz and Ashton Kutcher. It made us all laugh all the way throught it.

Saturday, Julie and I went through my mounds of photo albums of pictures of my kids when their Dad was alive. She ended up with several albums to take home with her.The two girls made cranberry oatmeal cookies. That made Ron really happy when he got home from riding all day.*Delight*

Then the gals all left to go up to the Lower Baker Dam and tour Concrete. They visited the Skagit River while they were down there. I made a big spaghetti feast while they were gone and it was waiting for them when they got back.

Later on I cleaned out closets and gave Julie so many of my Christmas decorations that I don't bother putting out anymore. She was just tickled to get them all. I didn't stop there though, I started giving her clothes that I don't wear anymore. She actually liked them! When she was younger she never would wear anything of mine. Of course she was always this tiny little thing and most everything I had didn't fit her anyways. She likes things a bit baggier now though, and her tastes are similar to mine now when it comes to pajamas, sweats, and t-shirts.

Julie will be thirty seven on New Year's Eve. It doesn't seem possible. Seems like I'm still not much older than that.*Laugh*She looks much younger still, I think.*Heart*

She and the girls left on Sunday morning with that Trailblazer loaded up in the back end!


My granddaughter Alexandra
** Image ID #1487317 Unavailable **


Alex and Amanda dancing to "The Twelve Girl Band"
** Image ID #1487314 Unavailable **




Halloween Sig

© Copyright 2008 ShiShad (UN: shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShiShad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/614012-Julies-Visit