*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/615061-219---nothing-to-sneeze-at
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#615061 added October 27, 2008 at 3:10pm
Restrictions: None
$2.19 - nothing to sneeze at
I paid $2.19 for gas this morning. *Smirk* It was $2.25 yesterday. When it went from $3.05 to $2.97 a couple of weeks ago I almost jumped through the roof of the car, I was so thrilled. This gas situation has been something serious.

I can wear the same old boring clothes day after day. I can get by with not buying winter clothes for our little few months of winter by putting on a jacket for the little few minute a day that I'm outside. I know how to eat bologna sandwiches every day at lunch. I can keep the air or heat turned down. I can avoid going out to eat very much.

But I haven't figured out how to skimp on the amount of gas I need to get to work. If you have to put gas in your car, there's no way around it. If you're hungry, you can go to the next meal - your car won't do that. Not that I AM going hungry - *Laugh* - not by a long shot. I'm just saying that you can't reason with your car about needing gas.

I'm not driving all over the countryside. I pretty much go to work and come home.

$2.19 is looking pretty good. Real good, in fact. And so far it's been going in the right direction.

After Hurricane Gustav, gas prices almost gave me a heart attack. The gas station around the corner from my house, normally one of the cheapest in town, went up to $5.19. Oddly enough, they said on the news that he wasn't price gouging. The owner, a local fella, was able to produce the documents that showed that he paid that much for his gas. But the public outcry was such that he was forced to cut the price per gallon to way below what he paid for it, and he said he lost several thousand dollars. The Chevron across the road from this particular station was selling gas for $3.69 per gallon. And we were glad to get it.

Did I mention that gas is now $2.19 per gallon? *Laugh*

Thankfulness. I'm using mine right now.

© Copyright 2008 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/615061-219---nothing-to-sneeze-at