*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/614883-A-first-for-this-topic-in-my-blog-today
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#614883 added October 26, 2008 at 5:17pm
Restrictions: None
A first for this topic in my blog today
We are having a free preview to the Game Show Network this week. My kids' eyeballs are glued to it. Somehow, Game Shows are winning out even over cartoons. We don't watch TV THAT much. But the few minutes they get to watch it each day, that's what they have looked at.

I was under the impression from one time before when we had a free preview of this station that it showed old old reruns, but evidently the shows that have been on this week are a little more current. I was a little disappointed by this, because I've been looking for an epsode of Family Feud with Richard Dawson on it. I was a little child when he was on, and it used to fascinate me, him kissing all the women. *Laugh* That was his gimmick, I suppose, to get people to watch.

Another host didn't stay on very long, but she was one of my favorites. I'm not positive of her name, but I'm almost sure it was Anne Robinson, on The Weakest Link. Her wicked sense of humor coupled with that English accent made her eminently watchable to me.

I think Regis Philbin is kind of fake, as well as being dingy, but I kind of liked him on Who wants to be a Millionaire? After all, how much depth do you need to host a game show?

After Bob Barker's reign on The Price is Right - almost the length of my whole life - Drew Carey was the worst possible pick for the new host. *Thumbsdown* *Thumbsdown* *Thumbsdown* No class, and he talks through his nose.

I like Jeopardy because I'm an intellectual snob.

$64,000 Pyramid gets on my nerves. Well, the game itself doesn't, but they tend to have really stupid people on there. Yesterday, it was Arianna Huffington. I couldn't put enough eye-rolling pictures here to express my disdain of the ineptitude with which she played.

Stupidity always gets on my nerves, no matter where it shows up.

© Copyright 2008 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/614883-A-first-for-this-topic-in-my-blog-today