*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/617892-One-of-many-prayers-for-Patrick
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1302157
My blogging here
#617892 added November 10, 2008 at 6:30pm
Restrictions: None
One of many prayers for Patrick
A prayer from drjim



My Prayer for Patrick


Dearest Great Spirit in Heaven,

Tonight, just moments ago, a dear friend who has been terribly frightened by her son's illness, has left with us a small note, humbly asking for our prayers at this time in her family's life. Dearest God, there isn't the slightest doubt that among all things, we have the greatest weapon of all - the power of prayer - to ask you outright for your intervention at this most important, critical time. Shi's son Patrick, as we have been told, has suffered a severe setback due to an asthmatic attack, one that all of us healthcare providers know is fraught with difficulties. I pray directly to you, our Great Physician, to help Patrick right this very minute, for we know, loving Father, that all things are given to us if we only ask. As I close my eyes and open my mind, I feel far within me, in the very depths of my heart, the fact that your will shall be done. All of us know that Shi and the entire family is so very sorrowed, so very scared. Please help her and her grandchildren and the children's Mother too. Please lift this great weight from their shoulders, this awful burden. We give it to you, Great Spirit, directly to you. We absolutely feel that be it your will and your way, Patrick will return to his home and be with his beloved children. We are all here, right here, on stand by, knowing that with each and every prayer, even the angels above can be sent in a fraction of a second, straight to his bedside, protecting him and nurturing him spiritually. Please Father, allow for the family to tell Patrick in all ways possible, just how much they love him. He certainly knows, Lord, that they do - but at this time, at this precise moment, a surge, an absolute surge in love is called for. Give Shi and her beloved family every ounce of strength they need to convey to Patrick - for the power of love will heal any single disease or illness known to us in this world. It is the living power of a miracle of holding hands, of giving a hug of the heart.

Father, I thankest you for listening to me, for hearing my humble prayer. Please help us now in our time of need. You never, ever let us down. I know you will do what is best.

In your name I pray,

Amen

We love you SHi!!!!!!

Doctor Jim


~~~


This prayer and so very many others that I have received in my email, and here in my blog mean so much to me, and are so deeply appreciated.

I cannot thank you all personally at this time , but I am deeply grateful for your prayers and your caring words.

Patrick is improving. With time he will come off of the ventilator. It will not be real soon, however, and he will come off of it paralyzed from the meds that are saving his life. He will have to endure weeks of Physical and Occupational Therapy I am sure. That is the information that I received this morning. It does sadden me...but I am so thankful that he is still alive.

Thanks again for all of your support!


© Copyright 2008 ShiShad (UN: shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShiShad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/617892-One-of-many-prayers-for-Patrick