*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/617957-remembering-Seamus
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#617957 added November 11, 2008 at 1:18am
Restrictions: None
remembering Seamus
I have a friend whose dog Riley has his own blog. Lola thought she'd write to him, and she complained a little bit about always being compared to the previous dog, Seamus, like the unfortunate little sister of a popular big brother. (We didn't tell her he had to be euthanized last summer, just let her think he'd gone off to college or on a fabulous trip around the world.)

Thinking about this, and looking through pictures to send Riley, I came across this picture of the wildflowers we planted on Seamus's grave. Since it was already mid July, I didn't know if they'd ever come up in time to bloom. Actually, they are still blooming, even though we've had a freeze. They're protected some by the trees. The other funny thing is, I've never had wild flowers that didn't wilt immediately. I picked these a week ago, and they're still pretty fresh.

There's something nice in that, isn't there? Something about new life, and happiness.




© Copyright 2008 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/617957-remembering-Seamus