*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/618141-BETA-RELEASE--Membership-Restrictions
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing.Com · #206127
Announcements pertaining to Writing.Com!
#618141 added November 16, 2008 at 12:48am
Restrictions: None
[BETA-RELEASE] Membership Restrictions
We've released a new setting for items called "Membership Restrictions". This setting allows you to restrict access to a portfolio item based on the viewing member's paid membership.

The Membership Restriction of an item can be only as high as the item owner's paid membership level. For example, Basic Members can only restrict items to other Basic Members and above... Upgraded Members can restrict to both Basic and Upgraded, etc.

(Naturally, by restricting an item to a paid members, you are excluding non-logged in visitors to the site as well.)

* Note: Because Free members may not restrict access based on paid membership, the Membership Restriction option will not be shown to members with a free membership.

As with other restriction settings, setting up a Passkey will allow you to give other the ability to view the item even if they do not meet the paid membership restriction you've set.


This is the initial beta release of this new feature and any bugs should be reported in "Bug Reporting. Thanks! *Bigsmile*

~~SM

© Copyright 2008 Writing.Com Support (UN: support at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com Support has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/618141-BETA-RELEASE--Membership-Restrictions