*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/619083-Chapter-5-Sell-Sell
Rated: E · Book · Comedy · #1496620
An experimental American Novel with Anime style comedy/slapstick.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#619083 added December 14, 2008 at 6:06pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 5: Sell! Sell!
Zhao weighed around two hundred forty pounds and stood six-foot-three. He took considerable space on his sofa.

“This is my good friend, Joe,” Zhao announced.

“Good evening Joe-san!” the ladies shouted.

The lady sitting to his right said, “Hello, my name is Yuka. It’s nice to meet you.”

The lady sitting to his left said, “Hello, my name is Akemi.”

Courteously, holding their business cards with both hands they offered it to him. The business card transactions occurred whenever a new hostess came to the table. The hostesses were mainly there to pamper the men. However, they were also expected to hold an intellectual conversation regarding current events. Consequently, the girls religiously read a variety of daily newspapers, including the Japan Economic Times.

The hostesses kept the men’s glasses full of whiskey.

“So how do you men know each other?” Yuka asked.

“We went to high school together,” Zhao answered. “But now we’re partners in a human energy company.”

“Wow!” All the girls showed interest. Human energy was a hot topic in Japan.

“We’re going to take our company public soon,” Zhao said. “Fred just made a breakthrough that’s going to change the industry.”

Fred was flirting with the girls. He was a skinny guy. His black framed glasses accentuated his intelligence. He had a Ph.D. in Physics from the prestigious California Institute of Technology. Instead of going into the more traditional defense work, he spent his career studying human energy. Considered a genius, there were whispers that he would soon win the Nobel Prize in Physics.

Joe stood. “Zhao! That’s top secret.”

Indeed, millions had been spent to keep the information secure. Any information regarding Fred’s project could change the market prices. Competitors would kill for any information.

“Joe, relax!” Zhao slurred slightly. “We can trust these women. They’re all professionals and have tight lips.”

Sighing, Joe sat down.

“Zhao, I think Joe is right. We shouldn’t talk about the project in public.”

“Wow. A real genius!” Mariko and Sachiko said, cuddling his arms. “How splendid.”

La la la! ... Fred’s eyes turned heart shaped. “W…w..well. Some have called me that before.”

“So what’s the breakthrough?” Mariko asked, cuddling Fred tighter.

“Eh…hem,” Fred coughed. “Well, as you know, every human being has a certain energy called human energy. So far, we know of ninety-nine different human energy elements. By infusing a combination of those elements, we can treat people for various ailments.”

“I read about that,” Yuka said. “I’ve heard that scientist all over the world are looking for the hundredth element.”

“If that element is found, it will make the other elements useless!” Mariko cried. “It’ll make the existing companies go out of business.”

“It’s supposed to be some sort of super human energy element,” Sachiko added. “Only a genius can unlock the secret.”

“Right!” Zhao exclaimed. “And Fred, with the help of my superior financing, has found that hundredth element.” Zhao’s belly shook wildly as he laughed with joy. “We got positive confirmation today.”

Crash! ... a tray of glasses fell to the floor. The sound reverberated throughout the bar.

Turning on their cell phones, all of the girls instantly turned their attention away from the three men.

A murky shadow fell over Joe’s face. Zhao stopped laughing and looked around the table dumbfounded. Fred also looked somber.

Fred looked at Mariko. “What are you doing?”

Mariko put her finger to her mouth. “Shhhh! I’m talking to my stockbroker.”

“Sell! Sell!” The other girls were frantically yelling into their cell phones.

The entire hostess bar flew into chaos. Many yelled into their cellphones, other fought over the use of the payphones. The male clients scrambled out holding their phones to their ears.

“Sell! Sell!” The words chimed throughout the place.

Jaws dropped, Joe, Fred, and Zhao sat quietly watching the scene.

Gush gush gush! ... sweat poured down their faces like a waterfall.
© Copyright 2008 uchinanchu (UN: johnhiga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
uchinanchu has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/619083-Chapter-5-Sell-Sell