*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/619470-Just-Another-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#619470 added November 19, 2008 at 7:59pm
Restrictions: None
Just Another Day
I was correct. Tuesday did start with a thick head and a resolve to start over. So last night I resisted the urge to refill my glass, resulting in tossing and turning then finally having to get up at 2 am to read for a while.

The plumber turned up this morning at the crack of 8 am, whistling a happy tune as he started work on the shower room. I rolled out of bed and managed to ask him if he wanted a cup of tea without it sounding erotic or suggestive for once. I don't think he's quite as scared of me now.

I put the kettle on, (does it suit me?) then noticed the tin of teabags was getting low, so opened the cubpoard to get some refills. It was then a lurking jar of gherkins decided to jump from the top shelf and crash to the floor. A good start to the day wiping vinegar from the carpet then sweeping up dill seeds, glass and dust covered gherkins.

By the time I delivered the plumbers's tea and biscuits the surfaces and air were filled with plaster dust yet again and the noise overpowering. No point hanging around trying to clean up in my house, so I decided to go and clean Dad's instead. Sometimes I can't contain the excitement of my day to day life.

On return, after making more tea and biscuits for the plumber, I decided I should participate in a Wii Fitness session which entailed stepping precariously over toolboxes, pipes, buckets of plaster and rearranged furniture. Once inside the allocated room I discovered the light bulb had died, so had to reverse over rearranged furniture, buckets of plaster, pipes and toolboxes to fetch a new bulb and a chair to stand on.

It was quite a feat to repeat the assault course carrying a chair, but at last there was light and my little Mii asking if I'd like to do some training. I already felt like I'd run a marathon, but agreed, as little Mii tends to get a bit snotty if I don't fulfil my promises.

After the allotted thirty minutes, hubby returned from golf and started dropping hints about dinner, so hi ho, hi ho, it's off to cook I go. It was as I went to fetch the ingredients from the fridge, a large pot of rhubarb yoghurt decided it wanted to escape and leapt from the refrigerator, flipped its lid and scattered its contents all over the floor.

Dinner over, pots washed and yoghurt removed from carpet, I sat down to watch my favourite television programme and planned to read, write a letter and knit for a while afterwards. It was then the telephone rang and the friend who can talk for England bashed my ear for the next two hours.

So, another day in paradise is almost over. Surprisingly, I've resisted the urge to refill my glass too often, so I predict another restless night. The whistling plumber is due again early tomorrow, but this time I shall escape to the hairdressers. With the way things are going I'm not sure I should be taking any risks with my hair, but we shall see. Is there a limit on how many disasters you can have in one week? Watch this space.


© Copyright 2008 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/619470-Just-Another-Day