*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/619617-Where-Ive-been
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#619617 added November 20, 2008 at 3:17pm
Restrictions: None
Where I've been
Howdy all.

Sorry I've not trampled through lately, but my week has been crazy busy.

At work we're assembling a set of plans for installing new street lights and reconfiguring the lane striping for an intersection. A small project to be sure as we're only removing and replacing a few hundred lineal feet of existing concrete.

However, we're working for the ND Department of Transportation, so we must meet their standards. As a co-worker explained it, "The further you go up the government ladder, the deeper the s*** gets."

When we originally designed the plans, our sheets totaled five pages. When it's all said and done, this DOT set will be at least thirty.

And it's due next Wednesday. They originally wanted them 90% complete on Monday the 24th, but it won't happen. That they're wanting more, and major, modifications doesn't help.

On the home front, Thomas is learning how to stand. He can now pull himself up using either Dave, myself, furniture, or the dog. Once he's up, he can stand a long time, and a few times he's wobbled from one piece of furniture to another. Muchly fun to watch. However, this means I have to baby-proof 18" above the floor now.

He's also learned how to express his indignance better. When he wants something, he wants it NOW. Don't try to take something away, or you'll hear about it, let me tell ya. His grip is quite strong, too. He's also at the stage when he doesn't want his diaper changed. He can dang near wiggle himself right off the table. Anyone know of a diaper changing table with a 5-point harness? I think we need one.

You now can purchase my book direct off my website and through Paypal ( http://www.almarquardt.com/products ). It took some serious tweaking and trial-and-error, but it works pretty slick now.

I didn't want to at first, because I haven't purchased my extra copies yet. Voxxylady suggested I set up pre-orders, and add incentives by offering other items with the book.

Tonight I'll be buying 50 copies, which will take about two weeks to arrive. I noted on my website, however, they won't be available for three-four weeks.

Still plenty of time for Christmas, though.

Thank you all for your kind words, and your patience with my last entry. You're awesome *Kiss*.

There's one more important bit of news to share, but I won't reveal it as yet. I'll let Voxxylady take care of that.

© Copyright 2008 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/619617-Where-Ive-been