*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/619746-Superman-hurts
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1364628
My blog of fun, love, frustrations and me.
#619746 added November 26, 2008 at 4:25pm
Restrictions: None
Superman hurts...
although he expected to come home from surgery as if nothing major happened, hubby is feeling the effects of it big time. Painful to watch. It was worse than the surgeon expected, and instead of one piece of plastic mesh going into his body, they had to use two - it was that weak. There is no guarantee that it won't come back again. I do not like the sound of that. Before surgery doc said normal activity in two months, afterwards - no lifting more than three pounds for the next tweleve weeks, and soccer is out til summer. That is his torture. And I am aware that he is worried about the garage. Customers expect him to fix their cars, not our mechanics, but hubby alone. Hence the superman. The night before the surgery, he called me back to work at 6:20pm. I picked up a customer so they could get their car, ran next door and got a thermostat, fixed a few receipts. And this is where the fun really began.

When I came home earlier in the day, I changed my clothes, put on my new $60 jeans. Mind you, I NEVER spend that much money on pants, but I have recently decided that I should start spoiling myself. It's not like I haven't saved money, I have been really good about that lately. So the first day in my new jeans, and my cool new brown suade heeled boots, I manage to trip over the Dana 35 - 3.55 gear ratio - rear differential for a Jeep Grand Cherokee, and rip a hole in my new cool jeans, and get a nice, one foot long gash down my friggin leg. How's that for a day? So on the drive home, hubby and I are talking, and I mention a restaurant, and he freaks. We get to go back to work, grab a set of keys and battery, head up to Big Fish to pick up a car and drop it off at the garage. So when we finally get home for the night, it is about 9:45pm. Oh what a fun night.

Hubby and I were so exhausted we went to bed by 10:30. Niether of us slept well, probably worrying about the surgery to come.

I am running late, have to get my booty up to work and make sure things are running smoothly. I swear is the absolute worst time to be without my laptop. HP better move their asses and fix that thing pronto, and get it back to me. I need my arm extension. *Laugh*

LIVE - LAUGH - LOVE ALWAYS

© Copyright 2008 Purple Celebrates (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Celebrates has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/619746-Superman-hurts