*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/620285-Realization-spiritual-or-not
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#620285 added November 24, 2008 at 10:01am
Restrictions: None
Realization spiritual or not
Someone with some oversight into my volunteer position recently requested that I "track" the attendance and request adherence to a sign-in. While I agree that I had come up with a concept for classroom behavior that would make the sign-in essential, I still found myself a bit distainful of the the statistical side of it. Not a personal distain for the person requesting it, but an inner distaste for adhering to "another thing." I found myself knittting in the evening, and in it's meditative rythmn, It struck me that I've never liked the preparation or mindfulness over set-up, tracking, measuring, counting that is "required" of my hobbies. The careful measuring and lining a piece of parchment in preparation of calligraphy, outlining a paper, counting rows or individual stitches in knitting. No,sir, rather not have to do those things; just do it. The art project doesn't come out as perfectly aligned perhaps, but I'm generally pleased with the outcome. And it doesn't help that others are equally quick to applaud the efforts even if (and mostly if) I haven't done any prepwork or "measuring."

It'll be interesting thing to continue to contemplate.

© Copyright 2008 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/620285-Realization-spiritual-or-not